Editorial Note: Comparewise is supported by our readers. When you find products and services through links on our site, we may earn commission.
The Desjardins Cash Back MasterCard is a credit card that provides 2% cash back on any purchase you make. This cashback is usually given on purchases made with pre-authorized payments or contactless technology.
Alongside cashback, it also provides insurance coverage, with travel insurance covering only 3 days. In addition, this card from Desjardins doesn’t come with a yearly fee.
Pros and cons of the Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard
Pros of the Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard
- Zero transaction fees
- You get a discount when you shop short-term car rentals at any participating Hertz location worldwide.
- For car classes in Canada, you get a 10% discount rental rate off Hertz weekly or monthly rents.
- Having this card provides you with a grace period of 21 days to pay bills without additional credit costs.
Cons of the Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard
- It is expensive.
- No online shopping protection checkout master pass.
- increase in percentage rate over time
- predetermined limit on cash back
Is Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard Right for you? Our verdict.
The Desjardins Cash Back MasterCard isn’t perfect, but it has some very nice features and benefits that may interest you. A 2% cash back on entertainment and restaurant bills and 0.5% on other purchases. Provides you with mobile and 3-day travel insurance coverage. Unlike some other cards, it doesn’t charge any annual fee.
Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard rewards
- A cashback of 0.5% on purchases except for contactless technology and pre-authorized payments.
- A free extra card
- Mobile insurance is available.
- Protection on every purchase made with your card, so you don’t have to worry.
- A 2% cash back on bill purchases and restaurant fees.
- An annual reward of $201
Perks of using the Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard
- Low-interest rates, pre-authorized payments and cash advances.
- You have coverage on your purchases for up to 90 days.
- Payment is made easy for either Google Pay or Apple.
- You get a one-year warranty extension when you use your card to make a purchase.
- Protection against fraudulent activities on your account.
- 3-day travel insurance that covers baggage insurance and interruption, trip cancellation, and emergency medical trips.
- When you get sick or disabled, credit balance insurance assists to pay off your credit card.
- Overdraft transfer allows you to use an automatic cash advance from your credit card to pay for transactions more significant than your account balance.
- Daily cash advance of up to $2500.
- Insurance in travel accident
Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard fees
Although there are no annual fees associated with this card, below is the fee attached to the card
- The currency conversion fee of up to 2.5%
Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard interest rates
- 19.99% interest rate on purchases
- 19.99% interest rate on cash advances.
- 19.99% interest rate on balance transfer.
How to use the Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard
To use the Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard, you must first meet the eligibility criteria, which are:
- You must be a resident of Canada.
- You should have attained the age of 18.
- You must meet the credit requirements of 760 above.
Simply use the same personal identifying number (PIN) from your card at any terminal to make a purchase or cash advance.
Alternatives to the Desjardins Cash Back Mastercard
Below are a few alternatives to the Desjardins Cash Back MasterCard.
Desjardins Cash Back MasterCard vs Desjardins Cash Back World Mastercard
These two cards have much in common regarding interest rates and insurance coverage. However, Desjardins Cash Back World MasterCard has an annual fee of $50. It also has a charge of $10 when you want to get a second card.
Desjardins Cash Back MasterCard vs Walmart Reward World MasterCard
While DCBM offers 2% cash back on purchases, WRWM gives a $25 welcome bonus. For the interest rate, the DCBM provides 19.99%, while the WRWM offers 22.97% for balance transfers and cash advances. It is also important to note that both cards don’t have any annual fees.
Desjardins Cash Back MasterCard vs Walmart Reward MasterCard
Both cards have a 21-day grace period without extra charges. They also have zero annual fees with a warranty extension. Aside from all these, there is a difference between these two cards. While WRM has a $25 welcome bonus, DCBM offers no welcome bonus.
You might also like…