Editorial Note: Comparewise is supported by our readers. When you find products and services through links on our site, we may earn commission.
**Limited time offer: Get the first year of annual fees reimbursed plus earn welcome bonuses described blow! Promotion ends April 16, 2023. *Promotion conditions below.
You will earn 25,000 reward points if you charge a net purchase amount of $2,500 to the credit card within 3 months of opening your account.
Points are earned on net purchases for a period of 3 months from the account opening date. Your reward points will be added to your credit card account in a single disbursement and appear on your statement no later than 5 months after the account was opened.
Points when you sign up for credit card payment insurance
You will earn 10,000 reward points if you sign up for credit card payment insurance for a minimum of 3 months. To obtain cashback, compete the sections related to the Credit Card Payment Protection (CCPP) on the credit card application when you open your account.
Your reward points will be added to your credit card account in a single disbursement and appear on your statement no later than 5 months after the account was opened.
Points earned on the 1st anniversary of the account opening date
You will earn 10,000 reward points if you charge a net purchase amount of $6,000 to the credit card no later than 12 months after the account was opened.
Points are earned on net purchases for a period of 12 months from the account opening date. Your rewards points will be credited to the credit card account in a single payment no later than the 2nd statement following the anniversary date of your account.
The National Bank Platinum Mastercard is suitable for those who want a rewards card that matches their lifestyle. You can get approved within 5 minutes, and no minimum income is needed.
You can earn up to 2 points for every $1, which you can trade for rewards, offers, and products from a selection of popular brands. Their travel insurance allows you to get up to 10 days of coverage in addition to trip cancellation or interruption insurance.
The National Bank Platinum Mastercard is also an excellent choice to receive an extended warranty on most credit card transactions for up to two years.
The rewards plan includes travel deals, À la carte Travel features and extras and an option to use your rewards points to pay off your credit card balance.
Additionally, you can enjoy generous insurance coverages such as purchase protection against theft or damage, trip cancellation insurance, trip interruption insurance, medical/hospital insurance, flight delay insurance, baggage insurance, vehicle rental insurance, and medical, general, and legal assistance.
On top of that, you get a $0 annual fee for the first year and an additional card for free for the first year.
- 1.5 points for every $1 (you can earn points quicker by adding another card to your account or by going through the À la carte Travel™ online agency.
- À la carte Rewards Plan® allows you to travel with the agency and airline you prefer.
- Save on holiday packs and travel tickets when you claim your points through the À la carte Travel online agency.
- The À la carte Extras allows you to invest, save on banking or pay your mortgage with rewards points.
- Use your rewards points to pay your credit card balance by accessing your online bank.
The National Bank Platinum Mastercard offers the following coverage:
- $1,000 in mobile device insurance for up to 2 years
- Summary and insurance certificate
- Zero liability (180 days after purchase)
- Purchase protection for theft or damage (180 days after purchase)
- Extended warranty with a possibility of extending the manufacturer’s warranty 3x.
- Up to $1000 trip cancellation insurance (per person)
- Up to $1500 trip interruption insurance (per person)
- Up to $5,000,000 of out-of-province-of-residence medical or hospital insurance for ten days(per person)
- Up to $500 of flight delay insurance over 4 hours (per person)
- Up to $500 of baggage insurance in case of delay over 6 hours (per person)
- Up to $1,000 of baggage insurance (per person)
- Vehicle rental insurance within 48 days
- Medica, general and legal assistance
Costs and Fees
- Annual fee: $0 for the first year (annual fee will be charged and then reimbursed)
- Annual fee after the first year: $70
- Yearly fee for an additional card: $35
- Purchase rate: 20.99%
- Balance transfer and cash advance rate: 22.49%
- Minimum credit limit: $500
The net purchase volume is the amount of purchases charged to the account minus returned items and refunds. Annual fees, balance transfers, cash advances (including transactions that can be directly converted to cash, such as money orders, bank transfers, travellers cheques and gaming transactions), interest charges and any other fees or adjustments not considered purchases are not included in the calculation of net purchases.
Account in good standing
The account must be open and in good standing at the time when annual fees are refunded or reward points are applied.
Reward points limit
There is a limit of one reward amount per client and per category (welcome points, points for signing up for credit card payment insurance, and points earned on the 1st anniversary of the account opening date) per credit card account during the promotion, regardless of the number of cards linked to the account.
Change in eligible credit card
If you sign up for an eligible card during the promotion and subsequently change your card before the first anniversary of opening your account, you will earn the points applicable on the 1st anniversary of the date you opened your active card provided that you meet the promotion conditions.
- The card is issued subject to credit approval by National Bank of Canada. Certain conditions apply.
- To take advantage of this welcome offer, you must not currently hold a personal National Bank Mastercard credit card or have held one in the last 24 months.
- The promotion may not be combined with another promotion applicable to National Bank credit cards, nor is it retroactive.
- You must not be employed by us or by an entity in our group.
- The promotion may be modified or withdrawn without notice.
You might also like…