Should I get the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card?
The Scotiabank Gold Amex card is right for you if:
- Your major spending categories are groceries, dining, entertainment, and gas
- You regularly travel to benefit from not paying foreign transaction fees and the comprehensive travel insurance
How do I qualify for the Scotiabank Gold American Express Card?
To be eligible for the Scotiabank Gold Amex card, you must:
- Have a permanent Canadian residency
- Be the age of majority in your province or territory of residence
- Meet the minimum annual income requirement
- Have a credit score of at least 660
What are the annual fee and income requirements of the Scotiabank Gold American Express?
The standard annual fee is $120, and you must have a personal income of $12,000.
Is the welcome offer for a limited time only?
Yes. The welcome offer expires on July 4, 2022.
What rewards can I earn with the Scotiabank Gold American Express card?
The Scotiabank Gold Amex offers Scene+ points on every purchase:
- 5 points on groceries, dining, and entertainment,
- 3 points on gas, select streaming services and transit, and
- 1 point on all other purchases.
How many points do I need for travel?
You must earn a minimum of 5,000 Scotia Rewards points to redeem them for travel or make a travel-related purchase.
What is the foreign exchange fee for the Scotia Gold Amex card?
The Scotiabank Gold Amex card doesn’t carry foreign exchange fees, which is rare for a credit card. You will save the standard 2.5% charge on purchases not made in Canadian dollars.
Is the Scotiabank Gold American Express card accepted everywhere?
Although American Express cards aren’t as widely accepted as Visa and Mastercard, you can still get much use from your card. The Scotiabank Gold American Express card is accepted everywhere but Loblaws and Costco.