Comparing quotes from our various insurance providers on Comparewise would be a good place to start.
In addition, doing any of the following may be to your advantage:
- Determine what discounts you qualify for: You could qualify for a discount if you have auto insurance with the same provider, if you are part of a certain union or organization, or if you are a senior citizen.
- Work on improving your credit score, especially If your insurer monitors it.
- Make upgrades to your home before applying for home insurance. For example, upgrading your plumbing to a plastic and/or copper system could result in lower premiums, as underwriters view these newer systems as less risky.
- Increase the percentage you are willing to cover from your pocket for damages, thus reducing the percentage the insurance provider must cover.
- Install an alarm system and/or smoke detectors for added risk reduction.
Read other Q&As